Sponsorship License

/ Business / Sponsorship License

Call now & speak to an Expert

Tel: 01206 489 077

or complete our Contact form

Skilled Worker Sponsor License Application

If you intend to hire anyone from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) you must apply for a sponsor License, including if you are a small business or charity, which is granted by the Home Office.

The process of obtaining a sponsor license is often described as a privilege and not a right.

There are requirements that the employer must satisfy before they can be granted a license. All required documents should be sent to prove that they satisfy the following requirements:

  1. The company is a genuine organization operating lawfully in the UK.
  2. You have no previous history of immigration non-compliance or and criminal convictions.
  3. You are offering employment that is considered genuine and is in accordance with the terms of the Skilled Worker skills level and rates of pay.
  4. The key personal named on the application are deemed honest, dependable, and reliable.

Before applying for a sponsor license, carry out a mock audit to ensure that the company is fully compliant with its human resources systems.

Renewing a sponsor license:

The sponsor license should be renewed every 4 years.

It is advised to carry out an audit mock test to ensure that the company is compliant with its obligations before the application is made.


Get in touch with us now on 01206 489 077 or make an enquiry online to get expert help