A Spouse/Partner visa which is often referred to as UK Marriage Visa, leads to settlement in the UK. If your partner is a qualified sponsor [British Citizen, present and settled in the UK or a UK refugee] you may get permission to live in the UK for up to 2 and a half years. This visa can be extended for another 2 and a half years. This visa is called as Settlement visa since it is the first step towards acquiring Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) [settlement] and eventually, British Citizenship. Following completion of 5 years, if you can prove you are in a genuine relationship and meet specific financial requirements, you may apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain.
Renewal and Extension of Partner Visa
You can renew and extend your partner Visa for another 2 years and 6 months, as long as your current status has expired. After you have lived in the UK for a total of 5 years, you can apply for settled status (ILR).
Requirements for partner Visa:
Before submitting your application, you need to:
• Have all the required supporting documents and meet the minimum income threshold [£18,600 per annum]
• Prove that your relationship is genuine and subsisting
• Have satisfactory knowledge of English language [Level A1 CEFR]
• Have proof of suitable accommodation for you, your partner and any dependents
Visa Application Process Time:
It may take anywhere between 2 to 12 weeks for a partner Visa application to be processed within the UK.
If you are prepared to avail and pay for the Home Office Super Priority Service, you can get a decision within 24 hours. For Spouse visa Entry Clearance application, the processing time can vary depending on the documents provided and the country where the paperwork is being submitted from.
Supporting Documents required for the spouse/Partner visa:
Make sure you have all the correct documents to support your application. It will help to ensure it’s successful and will prevent delays. Here below is a list of documents:
Please note that any documents that are not in English need to be accompanied by a translated version from a professional translator. All evidence must be in the exact format required by the Home Office. We understand that proving genuine relationship and satisfying Home Office caseworkers can be very complicated and frustrating. That’s where we can advise and help you to ensure that all relevant immigration requirements are met through corroborating documentary evidences to minimize chances of visa refusal.
Financial requirements for Entry clearance/Leave to remain Application:
The British spouse/partner [sponsor] is required to meet the following specific criteria:
• The sponsor needs an income of at least £18,600 before tax, without dependents (children).
• If you have one dependent child, you will need an income of £22,400 before tax. For any other children, the sponsor will need an extra £2,400 for each subsequent child.
• You can support yourselves and any dependents you may have without claiming State benefits.
Visa Fee for spouse/partner visa:
The Home Office current fee is of £1,523 for applications submitted from abroad. If you are submitting your application within the UK, the fee is £1,033. There is an additional Immigration Health Surcharge [IHS] of £1560. This fees will increase if you are applying with your dependent family members, if any. You can only apply from inside the UK if you are not here as a visitor and have been given leave to stay in the UK for more than 6 months. You cannot apply for a fiancé(e) visa from inside the UK.
Possible Additional Costs:
There may be additional costs related to your application that you should consider when you submit your application. This may include the following:
• Qualified translation services for your documents that are not in English or Welsh
• An approved English test, that is a mandatory requirement for the majority of applicants
• Additional fees for the Home Office!s Priority Premium Service, if you wish to receive an answer from the UKVI within five working days
• Additional fees for the Home Office Super Priority Service if you wish to get a decision within 24 hours
Spouse Visa Accommodation Requirements:
You will be required to provide proof of accommodation that meets the UK living standards. Your British partner/spouse will need to show that he or she can provide adequate accommodation for themselves, the applicant and any dependents. For proof of accommodation, the Home Office will expect you to provide:
• A description of the property
• Proof there are enough rooms in the property to accommodate everyone
• Evidence that you can afford to pay for your family!s accommodation
• Proof of utility bills and council tax.
Extension of Leave To Remain as a Spouse:
In order to apply for extension of leave to remain as a spouse, you will be required to meet the same requirements relating to your eligibility, suitability, relationship, financial, accommodation as at the time of first leave to remain or entry clearance application. The only additional requirement for you to satisfy at your extension stage would be passing level A2 of CEFR instead of A1.
Get in touch with us now on 01206 489 077 or make an inquiry online to get expert help.